In 2016, the Lantern Hotels Group purchased the long-established Ambarvale Tavern for a $21.2 million investment.
With over 33,000 new homes expected in the Greater Macarthur Priority Growth Area, the purchase prompted a large scale redevelopment to position the venue as the community’s premier entertainment hub. A multi-million dollar refurbishment of the venue would include a new greenhouse atrium, bar & bistro, gaming room, kids play area, and in-house brewery producing 68,000 litres per year appropriately named ‘The Ambarvale Brewing Company’.
After 12 months of development, the Ambarvale Hotel officially reopened in April 2019, where it was promptly described as the ‘pub to end all pubs’ by Hotelier Magazine.
Our extensive custom work included:
• Stecca Chairs in aubergine and white powdercoated finish.
• Stecca Barchairs in aubergine and white powdercoated finish.
• Juno Lounge Sofa with brass-finished powdercoated legs and custom upholstery.
• Anja Barchairs with custom upholstered seat pad and walnut stained finish.
• Punchbowl Drybars with steel footrail in black powdercoat and Vic Ash tabletop with shark nose edge and walnut stained finish.
• Hawthorn Tiled Drybars with custom penny round tiled tabletop, black powdercoated edge and zine plated steel frame.
• Round Hawthorn Drybars with slatted spotted gum tabletop and powdercoated steel frame.
• Custom Coffee tables with shark nose edge, brass powdercoat finish steel frame and stone tabletop.
• Bold Tables with slatted spotted gum tabletop with an oiled finish and black powdercoated frame.
• Travola Tables with custom penny round tiled top inset into reeded hardwood timber edge and black powdercoated frame.
• Travola Tables with oak veneer top inset into reeded hardwood timber edge and black powdercoated frame.
• Twin Travola Tables with oak veneer top inset into reeded hardwood timber edge and black powdercoated frame.
• Liberty Tables with a patterned teak laminate tabletop with an oiled finish and black powdercoated steel frame with adjustable feet.
• Custom Outdoor Tiled Table with penny round tiled tops, steel edge and zine plated frame powdercoated in Dulux Black Ace.
The project also included:
• Nolita highback chairs with custom upholstered seat pads.
• Fender Chairs with custom upholstered seat pads and natural stained finish.
• Loto Armchairs with custom upholstered seat pads and natural finish.
• Henrietta Chairs with custom upholstered seat pads and dark stained finish.
• Bubby 212S Sofas with custom upholstery.